Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Senior Profile: Shannon Milstead

Shannon Milstead

Name (and nickname)- Shannon Milstead.. everyone calls me 'Milstead'

Hometown- Enola, PA

Major- Early Childhood Education

Favorite Event- 200 Fly and 200 Free (wish I started swimming 200 free earlier in my career)

Favorite Practice- ALL DRYLAND PRACTICES! (I still have the land sport girl in me)

Best Team Memory- all of the training trips to Florida & California (even though we started out in cold weather and ended in it)

Where do you see yourself in 10 years- teaching and coaching, being happily married to my best friend Brandon (Nova as the girls call him) with our most lovable companion Pabst, and having our family grow.


Advice to the team- Remember to keep an open mind and heart. This sport is one of the longest, most exhausting, exciting, physical and emotional ride you will take while you are at Lock Haven University. While you are here, you will become not only best friends with those other girls that are standing next to you, but you will become a family. They will be the ones that you rely on and turn too when you feel like you don't have anyone else. You will see those girls more times in one day that you might like sometimes but in the end going through everything that you have you will feel so lucky to have them by your side. 

I just want to say that I couldn't have made it through these past four years without you girls by my side. Especially the two that are standing up here with me (& Stoner). You all have made my college experience one of the best ones I could ask for. You have all become the sisters that I never had. I want to thank you for everything that you've done for me and never give up on your dreams.

So, never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.. or getting in the pool!



No comments: